Corpus Christi AA offers post-sale inspections as a tool for dealers to purchase vehicles with confidence. The PSI is not part of the National Auto Auction Association’s Arbitration Policy, but a separate service that ensures vehicles sold meet the guidelines set forth in the NAAA policy.
7-Day Tier 1($0-$9,999) . . . . . . . . . . . . $105
7-Day Tier 2 ($10,000-$19,999) . . . . $115
7-Day Tier 3 ($20,000-$29,999) . . . . $125
7-Day Tier 4 ($30,000-$39,999) . . . . $145
7-Day Tier 5 ($40,000-$49,999) . . . . $225
Sale Day Check . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $95
Frame Check . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $45
Vehicles failing to pass inspection will result in the following fees, charged to the buyer:
7-Day. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $60
Sale Day . . . . . . . . . . . . $45
Frame Check . . . . . . . . . $25
Green Light vehicles sold for more than $3,000 and less than $50,000 are eligible. Vehicles must have less than 200,000 miles on the odometer. Green Light vehicles with more than 125,000 miles will qualify for a sale day only check.
• Odometer Verification
• Engine Function and Operation
• Transmission Engages and Functions
• 4x4 System Engagement
• ABS/Brakes Function
• Unannounced Dashboard Lights
• Electrical Accessories Checked for Function*
• Air Conditioning checked for operation
• Emission Control Equipment Present
• Frame or Unibody Structure Checked
If an inspected item fails during the PSI period and costs more than $500, it will be replaced or repaired at auction’s option.
*Current model year and up to 4 model years old
• Depending on the type of Post Sale Inspection selected, all items checked in PSI are guaranteed for 7 days after the sale. Sale day is day one.
• If an item or part fails during that period, the item will be replaced or repaired at auction’s option.
• Vehicles challenged for issues must have 200 miles or less accumulated on the odometer from inspection.
• The Post Sale Inspection is not an extension of the National Auto Auction Arbitration Policy. It is CCAA’s discretion to cancel a sale on vehicles that fail the checklist.
PSI Terms and Conditions:
• The buyer is responsible for the failed PSI fee regardless of whether it passes or fails inspection.
• Proper communication by the buyer to CCAA’s Arbitration department must be made by 5pm CST the day of the sale in order to ensure inspection.
• Repair cost is defined as Auction’s cost to repair.
• If a vehicle fails inspection and the buyer chooses to stay with the sale, it will be processed AS-IS from that point forward.
• If a vehicle is returned, it must be in the same or better condition than when purchased.
• CCAA will not reimburse a dealer for transportation, reconditioning or other work or expenses performed on vehicles that are returned.
The following are excluded and not covered under the PSI policy:
o Any AS-IS vehicle
o Sale price under $3000 or greater than $50000
o Vehicles with odometer of 200,000 miles and greater, regardless of representation by seller.
o Vehicles 7 years or older
o Performance or Modified Vehicles. Including but not limited to aftermarket turbos, superchargers or cams.
o Hand-Built Exotic Vehicles. Including but not limited to Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Aston Martin, Corvettes, Challenger Hellcats, Vipers, Mustang Shelby GT500, Bentley, Tesla, Bugatti, Rolls Royce.
o Kit Vehicles
o Recreational Vehicles
o 20 model years or older
o Homemade Vehicles
o Modified Vehicles
o Heavy Trucks and Equipment
o Vehicles or conditions specifically excluded in the most current NAAA Arbitration Policy.
• CCAA reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate this policy at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice.
• If these Terms and Conditions are not satisfied, CCAA’s current Arbitration Policy will apply to any and all disputes.
For more information see the National Auto Auction Association website